J&A Racing is growing and looking for a full-time Director of Operations.
J&A Racing is an Event Management Company located in Virginia Beach, VA. At J&A Racing our mission is to promote and support healthy lifestyles, and the sport of running through the development and growth of our running events throughout Hampton Roads. Our mission is to also help our communities thrive. We are committed to building on efforts to advance sustainable development particularly in the areas of youth education, health and well-being.
The Director of Operations will be responsible for all tasks related to Operations including: course/event logistics, warehouse management, permitting, community awareness, city relations, etc. for all J&A Events. This position requires a high degree of flexibility, and the candidate should be comfortable managing a diverse group (staff, volunteers, contractors, vendors, etc.).
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Oversee all course and event logistics for all races
- Attend all planning meetings (city, vendors, etc)
- Procure proper equipment for each event, and manage/organize load in and load out
- Organize and manage credentials, radio and vehicle plans for each event
- Organize and manage race weekend build out and breakdown
- Organize and manage neighborhood awareness plans for each event
- Work with host cities on necessary permits, etc.
- Design, certify and manage all courses for all events in accordance to USATF
- Manage event setup including course marking, aid station setup, etc. (often requires extensive problem solving under extreme pressure).
- Develop and manage procedures and layout for the race start and finish, respond to problems as they arise during the event, and manage a safe and secure finish line.
- Work with host cities to create road closure plan, safety, etc
- Work with timing company to time and score race
- Develop and manage a detailed parking plan for each event
- Develop an aid station plan for each event to include ice, water, electrolytes, etc.
- Organize and manage warehouse
- Create and maintain accurate records of J&A Racing inventory within warehouse to include equipment, signage, store items, race swag, start/finish line equipment, post-race party supplies, etc.
- Ensure all J&A Racing equipment is in working order
- Create/maintain relationships with all neighborhoods and civic leagues that are relevant to J&A Racing events
- Communicate all necessary information with all neighborhoods/civic leagues
- Attend neighborhood/civic league meetings as necessary
- 3-5 years of industry experience- public events/running events is preferred
- Experience managing people/community events
- Excellent written/verbal communication and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimal direction
- Ability to work under pressure, and to meet tight timelines
- Must be available to work weekends
- Thorough understanding of event management
- Ability to lift at least 50lbs
- Forklift certification is preferred
- Compensation commensurate with experience and expertise
- 401K and Medical