The Graphic Designer works closely with the Race Directors, Communications Director and Sponsorship Director to oversee the launch, growth and experience of the J&A Brand for our niche audience, with a special focus on the running and fitness industry. The Graphic Designer will have a wide range of knowledge on everything visual, graphic and social to include knowing how to spin marketing ideas into unique graphical packages that will appeal to users and be able to apply the highest editorial standards to a large volume of content. The Graphic Designer will work with the team to develop ideas that contribute to the success of J&A Racing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Create advertisements for events to be published in national and local publications
• Design merchandise, race medals, signage, and race bibs for each running event
• Design race brochures, postcards, literature etc.
• Prepare all projects to go to print, including making final proofing changes
• Work in a timely manner with “out-of-house” graphic designers to prepare work submitted for printing
• Plan and execute all photography for each event to be used in promotional materials
• Assist with web and social graphics as needed by the Director of Communications
• Stay up to date on industry trends and advancements
• Assist with generating creative ideas for displays and all visual components of brand
• Responsible for various race duties during all race weekends
• Perform any other duties assigned by race director
This list of duties and responsibilities is not to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
STATUS AND SCOPE:
• Advanced Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
• Knowledge of Photography and photograph editing
• Ability to design for a variety of mediums with varying standards of production (print, web, metal, apparel etc.)
• Ability to manage and prioritize a variety of creative deadlines for separate events
• Experience with file formatting and different file transfer protocols
• Ability to generate new ideas for creative marketing and design for all events
• Ability to receive critique and work with the team on finalizing creative concepts
• Experience in marketing, communications, social media
• Prior experience working in a creative field
• Knowledge and interest in running and sporting events a plus
• Self-Starter, who also enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented atmosphere
• Ability to tell great stories in creative ways- Tweets, narrative articles, animated GIFs, Video, etc.
• Be an equally strong editor and writer
• Experience in marketing, communications and social media
• Prior experience working advertising, media and marketing plus
To apply for this position, please email your resume, portfolio, salary requirement and references to email@example.com.