J&A Racing is pleased to announce the launch of their new 2016 Summer 5K Series at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront that will enhance one of the fittest cities in the nation where locals and visitors are already devoted to health and fitness. This event will take place at 8:00am every Wednesday beginning June 22nd, running for 8 weeks, to conclude on August 10th. The start and finish will be on the Boardwalk at 31st Street, and will not only showcase the natural beauty of this pristine beach location, but also the endless possibilities of a true vacation destination that offers a wide variety of attractions, world-class hotels and restaurants, adventure sports and so much more. Whether you are a seasoned runner, first time runner, or on vacation and looking for a fun and memorable workout, running one or all of the races in the series is for you. Registration for each 5K event will include a scenic Boardwalk run, a summer series custom beach towel and a commemorative medal!
“We are extremely excited to be offering this fun and healthy series to Virginia Beach locals and visitors in what is already one of the fittest cities in the nation, said co-race director Jerry Frostick. “We believe this new series is a perfect complement to a beautiful City that already offers so many great things to vacationers and will provide another unforgettable experience for anyone who wants to come out and join us.”
“The VBHA is very excited that J&A Racing is offering the summer series, said Diana Burke, Executive Director Virginia Beach Hotel Association. “It’s sure to add an element of “fun” to the early morning hours, mid-week during the season. We appreciate their efforts and applaud their enthusiasm.”
Visit http://www.jandaracing.com/summerseries/ to register or for more information.
We are looking to build an inspirational, loyal, and FUN crew for our 2016/2017 J&A Racing Ambassador Team. As an Ambassador, you will help us promote and market our races, both locally and regionally. A super-secret selection committee will choose fifteen Hampton Roads Ambassadors and five regionally based Ambassadors.
Team member responsibilities, qualifications and perks are listed below. If after reading the details you’re thinking THIS IS ME then you better apply. Click the ‘Apply Now’ button below and let’s get this party started!
We are accepting applications through June 17, 2016. We will notify everyone by early-July. The ambassador term will run from July 2016 to June 2017.
- Represent J&A Racing in your local and digital community by:
- Working a minimum of 16 hours at expo booths with other J&A Racing Ambassadors and Staff.
- Wearing Ambassador gear during any running events.
- Placing J&A Racing marketing material in stores, gyms, all your friend’s birthday cards, coffee shops, etc.
- Using several social media platforms to increase chatter about J&A Racing and our events.
- Posting pictures of you running with groups and in races to the J&A Racing online community. #hashtags are encouraged.
- Tweeting and posting to J&A Racing’s and your own Facebook wall about your J&A Racing experiences.
- Have an #active Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter account.
- Able to send status reports with your Ambassador activity.
- Regular participant of J&A Racing events (preferred).
- Must have participated in all J&A races or must have working knowledge of each event.
- Not a current Ambassador for any other running related company.
- Free race entries to any three J&A Racing events of your choosing during your Team tenure
- (1) J&A Racing hat or visor
- (1) J&A Racing race kit (singlet,shorts)
- Assorted race shirts, hats, SWAG.
- Surprise contests
- Discounted rate for any Ambassador wishing to join the J&A Training Team
Please contact Ryan Conrad at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding the Ambassador Program.
Registration for our J&A Racing Fall training team presented by Murphy’s Virginia Beach is now open. No matter your race distance, from a 5k or half to a full marathon, the team will help you accomplish your goals and will provide an unforgettable experience. Over the past two years we have coached hundreds of athletes from 5k walkers to Boston Qualifiers. Click here for more information or to register today.