COVID-19 Statement for 2021 Fall Events
As we head into our fall race season, we are excited to welcome runners back to live events again. We can’t wait to see familiar and new faces. From the beginning of this pandemic, the health and safety of our participants, volunteers, spectators, community, and staff has always been our #1 concern. We have embraced both state, local, and CDC recommendations and guidelines for all our events since March of 2020, and we will continue to follow these guidelines in all future events including our Fall race season.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our community, our entire staff is fully vaccinated. We have also modified our events this year to allow for flexible registration options, to provide social distancing, and to streamline our events.
It is important to us that we continue to provide positive experiences for our participants and our community that keep us physically and mentally healthy. We are committed to producing the same quality events that you have come to expect from J&A Racing, and we hope that you will do your part to keep our community healthy by getting vaccinated or running virtually if you feel any of the symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to anyone who tested positive for the virus.
After an entire race season of virtual events, we can not wait to welcome you back!
Live, Love, Run
Jerry & Amy Frostick
2021 Fall Event Schedule
October 29-30, 2021 | Old Point National Bank Wicked 10K Weekend presented by Bon Secours In Motion
November 20-21, 2021 | Chartway Norfolk Harbor Half Marathon Weekend presented by Bon Secours In Motion
December 17-18, 2021 | BayPort Credit Union Surf-n-Santa 5 Miler presented by Bon Secours In Motion
New Registration and Packet Mailing Options for all 2021 Fall Events
- Virtual options for all events. Your personal level of comfort should always be your choice. If for any reason you do not feel comfortable attending an event in person, you can register for or transfer your registration to our virtual category for no additional cost. We will mail you all your race swag after the event date.
- Feeling sick on race week? We want you to stay at home. Participants have two options if they are feeling sick race week: defer or switch to the virtual category. Changes can now be made through Thursday of race week.
- Packet mailing at a reduced cost. If you want to avoid packet pickup completely, you can add packet mailing for a reduced fee of $15 per registration for each Fall events. Your race shirt and race bib will be mailed to your mailing address before race weekend.
Safety Procedures for 2021 Fall Event Weekends
Based on the information currently available to us, all Fall events are scheduled to take place as planned. All of our events will be compliant with CDC guidelines and host city mandates. All events will have:
- Minimized touch points at packet pick up
- Reduced field size per event
- Fewer participants per start corral
- Fewer volunteers
- Spaced out water stops to include “refilling stations” for those with own hydration packs
Race Specific Mandates based on Host City
Latest Update: September 14, 2021