In the News
December 1, 2020 Update
The 2020 BayPort Credit Union Surf-n-Santa 5 Miler presented by Bon Secours has transitioned to a virtual event.
We begged. We pleaded. We worked with the Governor’s office to rewrite executive orders. We promised to be good little runners, but 2020 seems to only have room on Santa’s naughty list for large live events. If you’ve run with us before, you know we like to throw a party almost as much as we like to host a race. While this year’s race weekend won’t include an in-person event or party, we have called on all of Santa’s elves to help us create the best virtual celebration we can for our participants.
We’ve all heard the song, and this year we reluctantly agree! There is no place like home for the holidays! Underneath this year’s Christmas tree, you can find all our virtual race gifts for you to enjoy between December 18 – 28, 2020.
All participants have been emailed their registration options. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
November 17, 2020 Update
At J&A Racing, we still believe in Santa! Due to the latest updates from the state of Virginia that went into effect on Sunday, November 15, 2020, we are actively working with local and state representatives to find solutions that adhere to the new executive order and all CDC guidelines for the upcoming BayPort Credit Union Surf-N-Santa 5 Miler. Just like Christmas morning, we are eagerly waiting for an official response. In the meantime, we ask that you hang in there with us until we have a final answer. As soon as we hear something, we will be sure to share the news with you. Don’t worry. If for some reason we are not able to host a live event as outlined below, we will provide you with options including a virtual race with lots of Christmas Treats, complimentary deferrals, etc. Fingers crossed we are on the nice list!
We have extended our registration deadlines. Deferral to the 2021 event and transfers to or from the virtual category are still available to all participants as our gift to you!
November 11, 2020 Update
The 2020 BayPort Credit Union Surf-n-Santa 5 Miler presented by Bon Secours will be a live event. Whether you are naughty or nice, Santa will be delivering a race day experience to all the runners and walkers in Virginia Beach, Virginia on December 19, 2020.
What can you expect?
Simplified Packet Pickup
- Packet pickup will be available on Friday, December 18, 2020 at the Virginia Beach Convention Center from 2 – 7pm. There will be no race day packet pickup. No Exceptions.
- Packet Mailing is available for a reduced cost of $15 and can be added to your registration until December 7, 2020.
- J&A Racing Store will be open during packet pickup for all your holiday purchasing needs.
Limited Field Size
- Due to an Executive Order, our participant field is limited to 1000 participants.
New Race Day Regulations
- Corrals are limited to 200 participants.
- Participants will be required to wear face coverings while waiting to load into their start corral, in the start corral, and in the finish line chute.
- Masks are not required on the race course, but are encouraged.
- There will be no water stops on the course. Participants must provide their own hydration.
New Finish Line Celebration Experience
- Finisher swag will be prepacked. Package will include Finisher Medal(s), Finisher Gloves, Bottled Water, and any additional items.
- After you exit the Finish Line Chute, participants are encouraged to visit our Virginia Beach restaurant partners. Your race bib will unwrap special discounts at each location.
Additional COVID-19 Requirements
- Participants will be required to self validate that they do not have COVID-19, do not have any COVID-19 symptoms and have not been exposed to anyone suspected to have COVID-19 for the 14 days leading up to the event.
Eager to put yourself on Santa’s List?
The 2020 BayPort Credit Union Surf-n-Santa 5 Miler presented by Bon Secours is limited to 1000 in-person participants and 750 virtual participants.
Snag your spot before there is no room left on Santa’s list.