In the News
J&A Racing looks forward to welcoming participants back to the 2021 Yuengling Shamrock Marathon Weekend. As we prepare for this event, we are committed to ensuring that our participants feel safe and secure when making a choice for their race schedule.
New Registration and Packet Pickup Options:
- Virtual options for all events. Your personal level of comfort should always be your choice. If for any reason you do not feel comfortable attending the event in person, you can register for or transfer your registration to our virtual category. We will mail you all your race swag after the event date.
- Feeling sick on race week? We want you to stay at home. Participants have two options if they are feeling sick race week. Changes can now be made through Thursday of race week:
- Switch to a virtual category, or
- Register for the 2022 event for up to 65% off the average race weekend registration cost
- Packet mailing option. If you want to avoid packet pickup completely, you can add packet mailing for a fee to your registration. Your race shirt and race bib will be mailed to your home before race weekend.
- Race cancelation policy. If the Yuengling Shamrock Marathon Weekend is unable to be conducted for any reason related to the COVID-19 public health crisis and cannot be rescheduled, all registered participants can select one of the following options:
- Participate virtually and receive race items in the mail,
- Register for the 2022 event for up to 65% off race weekend registration cost, or
- Donate the cost of your registration to the event charity partner
New Safety Procedures for 2021 Yuengling Shamrock Marathon Weekend:
The safety of our runners, volunteers, staff, and community is our number one priority. By partnering with the City of Virginia Beach, local health officials, and public safety officials, we are exploring all safety procedures for this event. From packet pickup to the race event to our post-race party, there is a lot to consider. We are committed to bringing you the best possible race weekend experience while keeping you safe.
Based on the information currently available to us, the event is scheduled to take place as planned. All of our events will be compliant with CDC guidelines, and they may include the following:
- Limit field size per event
- Streamline certain areas of the event to help reduce excess human touchpoints to include packet pickup, start line corrals, finish line, etc.
- Additional sanitizing stations throughout the event
- Aid station enhancements on the course
- Provide Staff and Volunteers with pre-cautionary supplies as necessary
If any changes occur that impact this event and our participants, participants will be notified via email with complete details of changes, options, and deadlines.
Updated on July 1, 2020