Southeast Virginia 5k Races
Runners love Southeast Virginia for 5k races because the courses are flat, the views are great — many are along waterways or the ocean — and the running community is strong and supportive. If you’re considering your first 5k, or simply enjoy running 5k races, Virginia and J&A have a lot to offer!
One of the best parts of these 5k races is that most are part of a race weekend event, meaning there are runners from all over and the atmosphere is fun, supportive and perfect for runners or all abilities. Here are a few of the best 5k races in Southeast Virginia:
- I Heart Mom 5K – This fun Mother’s Day weekend race is the perfect family event each May. The 5k is held in historic Smithfield, VA and is a wide trail with gentle rolling hills.
- ADP Corporate 5k – If you want to run with your co-workers, the Corporate 5k is the best race for work teams. This exclusive event for the Hampton Roads corporate community welcomes employees of any company to form a team and participate in the ADP Corporate 5K presented by Bon Secours.
- Big Blue 5k – Run through the beautiful Old Dominion University campus and Go Big Blue! The Big Blue 5K finishes on the 50 yard line on Kornblau Field at S.B. Ballard Stadium. Participants are invited to celebrate their race at the Post Race Tailgate Party!
- Wicked 5k – Wicked good times are guaranteed at the Wicked 5K. The race starts on 19th Street by the Virginia Beach Convention Center, and participants experience tricks and treats for 3.1 miles before they cross the finish line on the Virginia Beach Boardwalk.
- Crawlin’ Crab 5k – Part of the Crawlin’ Crab Half Marathon race weekend, this 5k shows off the best of Hampton, VA. The course starts at the Hampton Roads Convention Center and the route goes through the scenic Bluebird Gap Farm before finishing near the Hampton Coliseum.
- Norfolk Harbor 5k – If you love exploring new areas and hidden gems in a city, you’ll love the Norfolk Harbor 5k race. It’s a Southeast Virginia favorite, in part because it’s part of the Norfolk Harbor Half Marathon race weekend! This is a fast, flat course through downtown Norfolk, VA.
- Surf N Santa 5 Miler – Although this isn’t a 5k, it’s one of the most fun races in Virginia because everyone dresses up in their favorite holiday attire. This evening run has you running through the holiday lights of Virginia Beach and is a favorite for runners and supporters alike!