Chasing the Sunlight
From the first day of Winter to the beginning of Spring, the Winter Solstice Distance Challenge will get you out the door and chasing the sunlight! The Winter Solstice, December 21st, is the darkest day of the year. With every mile you complete in the 89 days between the Winter Solstice and the Spring Equinox, you’ll be one step closer to brighter days and the start of Spring on March 20th.
What if, on the darkest day, you commit to go further?
What if you ran towards the sunlight?
What if you took on the Winter Solstice Distance Challenge?
Registration Fee: $59
less than $20 per month for the challenge
Pick your distance. How far can you go in 89 days?
- 89 DAYS OF MOTIVATION | All participants will receive a training plan to help them achieve their mileage goal between December 21st and March 20th.
- A CHALLENGE FOR EVERY FITNESS LEVEL | 189 Miles, 289 Miles, 389 Miles, & 489 Miles
- TWO-PART CHALLENGE MEDAL | Keep yourself motivated to run through the winter landscape knowing that when Spring arrives, the sun comes with it.
- BOCO WINTER BEANIE | Stay warm while you chase the sunlight.
- LOCAL RUNNING STORES DISCOUNTS | Receive a discount to Running Etc., Point 2 Running Co., and the J&A Racing Store. Details emailed to participants.
- CHARITY SUPPORT | We’ve partnered with the Salvation Army to raise money to purchase winter coats for children in need.
Plus online benefits:
- Log your miles on the Winter Solstice Distance Challenge Leaderboard.
- Separate Leaderboard for each Challenge distance allows you to track your miles from December 21, 2020 – March 20, 2021.
- Challenge Finisher Certificate when you hit your distance goal.
- Private Facebook group for registered participants to create camaraderie and to have access to weekly challenges and exclusive perks.
- Weekly Challenges to motivate and reward you for getting out the door.
Help a Child | Donate a Coat
J&A Racing will also be hosting a coat drive. The Salvation Army reaches children in need who don’t have winter coats when the temperature drops. Between December 1st and January 15th you can drop off a NEW coat off at the J&A Racing office between 8AM – 5PM (Monday – Thursday). Due to COVID-19, the Salvation Army can only accept NEW coats this winter. The J&A Racing office is located at 3601 Shore Drive Virginia Beach, VA 23455.
About our Charity Partner | Salvation Army
Last Christmas, 7,588 boys and girls in the community received new toys, clothes and gifts through The Salvation Army Angel Tree program and Christmas Depot. In partnership with the United States Marines Corps Toys for Tots, The Joy Fund, Operation Blessing, community sponsors, donors and countless volunteers, we were able to spread hope to 3,185 families in need during the holiday season. Because of COVID-19, there is more demand than ever, we need your support now more than ever.