Run Local. Support Local. Conquer the 757.
Commit now to running 75.7 miles in the month of August, and you’ll be rewarded for completing the 757 Challenge. Track your miles on our 757 Challenge leaderboard. Once you hit the 75.7 mile mark, you’ll receive your challenge shirt and wooden challenge coin. Challenge coins, rooted in military tradition, symbolize a group’s identity, pride, and unity. This reward for your hard work and commitment will grant you additional perks at local running stores. Show off your 757 pride.
What does it take to conquer 75.7 miles? Run approximately 19 miles per week or walk 10,000 steps per day (4 times a week) in the month of August.
Registration Fee: $30
space is limited to 757 participants
- LOCALLY DESIGNED & PRINTED | Official 757 Challenge Brooks Running Technical Tee
- LOCALLY DESIGNED & MANUFACTURED | Wooden 757 Challenge Coin
- LOCAL ROUTES | Featured routes in the 757 selected by local runners at J&A Racing, Running Etc., and Point 2 Running
- LOCAL RUNNING STORES | Recieve a discount to Running Etc., Point 2 Running, and the J&A Racing Store when you present your challenge coin
- LOCAL CHARITY SUPPORT | $1 of every registration will be donated to Tidewater Friends of Foster Care. Anyone who makes an additional donation of at least $5 during registration will be entered to win the 757 Challenge Prize Pack that will prepare you for Fall training.
Plus online benefits:
- Log your miles on the 757 Challenge Leaderboard
- 757 Challenge Finisher Certificate when you hit 75.7 miles
- Private Facebook group for registered participants to create camaraderie and to have access to exclusive perks
About our Charity Partner | Tidewater Friends of Foster Care
Did you know that foster youth have the poorest educational outcomes of any group in the nation? It’s true, even children who are homeless have higher high school graduation rates… For kids involved in the foster care system, only about Half graduate high school and for those stuck in the system until they age out, only 1 in 4 will graduate or get a GED. It’s no wonder why 75% of kids aging out of the system end up homeless, incarcerated or on welfare by their 24th birthday. You can change this by helping Tidewater Friends of Foster Care provide one-on-one academic tutoring to kids in foster care. $2000 provides a full year of tutoring by a trained professional AND a laptop to ensure the tutoring keeps going even while the COVID-19 shutdowns persist. Let’s make a difference together!
757 Challenge Prize Pack
Donate at least $5 to Tidewater Friends of Foster Care during registration, and you’ll be entered to win. Two winners will be randomly selected on August 1st.
Prize pack includes:
- Private Zoom Call with Brooks Running elite-level coaches, Kevin Hanson (founder and Coach of Hanson-Brooks Distance Project) and Danny Mackey (Head Coach of Brooks Beasts)
- Free entry to a single distance Fall J&A Racing event
- Believe Training Journal
- Nuun Endurance
- Honey Stinger gels and protein bars
- Knockaround Sunglasses
- J&A Racing Miir water bottle
- Ciele athletic hat
- Brooks running buff